It’s that time again, time for the 18th Annual Hog-a-Thon Fishing Tournament!
The event will take place on March 11, 2023, from day break until 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
2023 CONTEST RULES
1) Entry fee $35 Cash, $40 on a card. This is an open Contest. All ages and skill levels, and amateur thru pro status are welcome.
2) Friday Pre fish Shop hours 6:00 a.m. ET – 9 p.m. ET. Fishing may begin at sun up. You may fish the pre-fish day before paying your entry fee, however, your fee must be paid by 9 p.m. on Friday to be eligible for the cash pre-fish prize.
3) All Fish must be fresh caught & alive at registration, for both the pre-fish and Hog-a-Thon. Bring a pail to the lake for transporting your catch in water. Dead or sluggish, faded out will not be accepted! We reserve the right to turn away any questionable entry, so get them in fresh! Be prepared to have your photo taken with your fish when you bring it in.
4) Contending fish may be registered only once. Qualifying fish will be tagged and held by Bergland Outfitters until end of contest.
5) Autopsy may be performed to confirm winners.
6) Only one cash prize per entrant, excluding pre-fish award. If you qualify for 2 cash awards, we will choose the larger of the two awards. The other will be given to the next qualifying entry.
7) Winners will be determined by weight with length as a tiebreaker. If still a tie, the prize will be split equally.
7) Bergland Outfitters reserves the right to investigate and contest any entry.
8) Anyone caught breaking the rules will be disqualified and forfeits all contest privileges.
9) Michigan fishing regulations apply. Tribal contestants will temporarily suspend their tribal privileges and abide by regular state regulations for the purposes of this contest.
10) Saturday: Shop will open by 6 a.m. Contest hours are from daybreak until 5 p.m. ET. Fish must be registered At Bergland Outfitters BY 5 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. CT.
11) Weigh-ins will take place at Bergland Outfitters until 5:00 p.m. ET or The Root Cellar 4:00 CT. No late weigh-ins!
PRIZES: Friday Pre-Fish Perch $100
Saturday: Perch – 1st = $1500 2nd = $1000 3rd = $500 Silver/Albino Perch= $500 Walleye = $250 Crappie = $100
All Cash prizes will be awarded providing there is at least one entry in that category.
Bergland Outfitters is located 2 miles west of Bergland, MI.
35802 State Hwy. M28, Bergland, MI 49947