Induction of Distinguished Alumni and Friends
The Hurley Education Foundation wishes to annually recognize one or more distinguished alumni of the Hurley School system or another person that has made an outstanding contribution to education in the Hurley School District. The person may be a Hurley Alum, teacher or staff person. The award recipient may also be a citizen who has made an extraordinary contribution of any kind to education in the Hurley School District or has made that contribution in their own community. The award will be given annually to a recipient to be selected at the discretion of the Hurley Education Foundation. The Foundation shall consider the following factors in relation to each nominee and the award recipient shall be determined by the board of the Hurley Education Foundation:
1. What has the nominee done to excel in his or her chosen occupation or profession?
2. What has the nominee done to give back or to contribute to his or her community generally or to the Hurley School District specifically?
3. What has the nominee done to make him or her stand out as a leader or an example to Hurley School District students?
4. What valuable contributions has the nominee made in time, effort or other assistance to improve the quality of education in the Hurley School District?
5. What sets this nominee apart from other award nominees?
In applying the above general guidelines, the Hurley Education Foundation shall decide in any particular year whether one or more distinguished alums or friends shall be so honored.