Do you think you might like to raise chickens?
Fe University is offering a series of classes to answer many questions you may have!
Instructor Bruce Bacon will lead you through how to approach this endeavor.
The first 2 hour class will be inside covering lots of materials with handouts so note keeping will be at a minimum. The second class will start inside and then move outside to view equipment and if they are willing, some chickens. The instructor will try to keep questions until after this so as to get through all the material.
The classes will cover the following topics:
- Proper housing, food and water requirements for northern Wisconsin.
- Sources for chickens.
- How you can hatch your own once you get a flock started.
- Brooder requirements for chicks.
- Eggs vs meat birds.
- Feed sources and costs.
- Predator management.
- The pros and cons of keeping chickens.
- Can you make money selling eggs
If you are interested, the classes will be offered at the Mercer Community Center on June 12 and 14, 2023 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
The cost is $20.
To register, call (715) 892 – 3982.